All documents must be built to final trim size as single pages.
(Page size, or document size needs to be the final trim size. ex;
4x6 card is setup in a 4x6 document, not an 8.5x11 document)
2. Live image area (except for bleeds) must be
centered within the document as you intend your page to appear after
3. Leave at least 1/4 inch clearance on all four
sides of your page, free of any element that is not intended to
4. All bleeds must be extended at least 1/4 inch
beyond the document's edge on all four sides.
5. Color images must be specified as CMYK, not
6. For 4-color process printing, all color elements
must be specified as CMYK values. All metallic colors must set as
knock-out in Qxpress or Illustrator files.
7. Best results will be achieved if images are
rotated, flopped, or skewed in an image manipulation program such
as Photoshop, instead of your page layout program.
8. Blends should not be created in your page layout
program. Blends can be created in Adobe Illustrator and then imported
to your page. Remember that if your bleed needs to be rotated, you
should apply the rotation in Adobe Illustrator.
9. All fonts must be PostScript fonts (usually
called "Type 1" fonts). Fonts other than PostScript Fonts
are used at the client's own risk and may incur an additional charge.
10. Fonts should not be stylized in the page layout
program; use the font containing the desired attribute. In the event
that the desired font is not available, a different font must be
chosen. All fonts used must be supplied in a separate folder labeled
"Fonts". For Macintosh, the Adobe PostScript Font must
be provided. For the IBM platform, "PFBs" must be supplied
for every font used.
11. All fonts used in EPS files must be converted
to outlines (or must supply all fonts used on eps files).
12. Build crossover spreads as true spreads in
your page layout application. Do not build spreads on a single page
that has been made to be as wide as the final spread - pages built
this way cannot be split apart for imposition.
13. If your product is to be folder, please specify
the correct position and folding style using proper crop marks in
your file. Please provide an ac tual size folder sample.
14. All PC file names must be 8 characters or less,
and do not use punctuation in the file name.
15. Color images intended for process printing
should be saved as CMYK. Save all images as TIFF or EPS.
16. Do not use any form of compression (e.g., JPEG,
LZW) on any of your images. Do not use TIFF files with alpha channels
or bitmap mode.
17. Set a scan resolution of 300 dpi for color
images at 100% full size. Use an EPS file format when a clipping
path is necessary and set path flatness to 5. Scan line images with
1200 dpi or higher. This will insure optimal quality.
18. Only import your scans into a layout program
at 100%. Enlargements may impair quality, and reduce only if necessary.
19. If an image is shrunk to 85% or less in Quark
or Pagemaker, resize image in a graphics program to required size.
20. All files submitted whether native or PostScript
must be accompanied by a hard copy laser proof. Hard copy laser
proofs must be an exact representation of the submitted file and
are to be full size. Hard copy laser proofs are to be printed with
crop marks, file name, date and time. Hard copy laser proofs are
to be marked with a page number that identifies it's position in
21. All revised files submitted will be RIP again
to press for new color digital proofs at additional cost.
Our pre-press department supports most of Macintosh and PC platform
2. Do not include any unnecessary files when submitting
3. Provide a printout of the contents of each disk,
and highlight the files to be output.
4. LightSource is able to accept files using the
....... Note: Stuff
or Zip all
files before sending over the Internet
........Upload via this the Upload
........Send files less than 5mb to
5. All wire transfers must be preceded by a phone
call notifying LightSource of the transfer followed by a confirmation
call or email when transmission is complete.
6. Sending graphics files over the Internet can
present special problems related to file formats and file encoding.
Be sure you understand these issues before depending on electronic
transfers in a deadline situation.
7. Soft PDF Proofing - LightSource will offer soft
PDF proofing for our client's convenience. Our pre-press department
will create a low res PDF file and will email it to you. Your faxed
or emailed PDF approval form will release the job for production.
Printing and Graphics
2004 Lightsource Printing All rights reserved
Our Services ddGet
a Quotedd Place
Document Setup ddContact